What to Do If You’re in a Car Accident
No matter what causes it, a car accident is a terrifying ordeal for you and your family members. In the moments immediately following the accident, you may be wondering what to do. If you are in a car accident, there are some important tips to remember that can help you get proper care and to protect yourself legally.
If you’re in a car accident, you should do the following:
- Call the authorities — immediately contact the police. Not only can they help secure the scene and ensure everyone gets the medical attention they need, but they can also help document the scene and determine who or what caused the accident.
- Document the scene — take photographs of the accident, exchange information with the other parties involved, and get witness statements, if available.
- Contact our Minneapolis & St. Paul car accident attorneys — we can communicate with your insurance company on your behalf to ensure that you don’t admit fault or sign something before you should, and helping you to seek financial restitution should you need to.
- Seek medical attention — some injuries from car accidents can take weeks and even months to manifest symptoms, so always get examined by your physician to identify potential issues.
- With help from our attorneys, report the accident to your insurance company — insurance companies will often try to get you to sign statements or release the other parties from blame, but we will ensure the accident is fully investigated before any resolution occurs.
If you are ever involved in a car accident, our Minneapolis & St. Paul accident attorneys at GoldenbergLaw are your primary resource for help. We can ensure that you are compensated for any damaged property or injuries. We have decades of experience getting St. Paul and Minneapolis residents help, so please contact us today for a free case review. Call us at 612-436-5026.