The Dangers of Driving on City Streets
Most people are aware of the dangers that come from highway driving: The greater speeds achieved on the highway can make driving more dangerous and accidents more severe. However, GoldenbergLaw’s car accident lawyers have seen many people hurt as a result of accidents on the streets of Minneapolis and Minnesota’s other cities.
Urban areas present dangers to even the most vigilant drivers. These dangers include:
- Frequent pedestrian crossings, including at areas not marked as crosswalks
- Narrower streets, with cars frequently parked on either side of the road
- One-way streets that can be difficult to identify
- Sudden stops
- A high volume of vehicles on the road at one time
- Numerous buildings, facilities, and driveways from which other vehicles can suddenly emerge
- A number of always-present distractions, including drivers who are more concerned with finding parking than paying attention to traffic
While speeds are often reduced on local city streets, a collision between vehicles is dangerous at any speed. Significant and even catastrophic injuries can result from “low-speed” collisions.
At GoldenbergLaw, we believe that accountability is crucial for keeping city streets safe for cars, trucks, bicyclists, and pedestrians. If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Minneapolis or any other Minnesota city, our car accident lawyers can investigate to determine its cause, then pursue justice and compensation on your behalf.
If you’re a resident of Minneapolis or any Minnesota community and you need an experienced car accident lawyer, please contact GoldenbergLaw today for a free consultation.