Hernia Mesh Failure Symptoms
Symptoms indicating hernia mesh failure include:
- Bloating or an inability to pass stools
- Heat and soreness around the surgical site
- A noticeable lump in or around the area of the original hernia
- Fever, nausea, and vomiting
Hernia mesh can fail for a number of reasons, but defective mesh design and poor choice of mesh material are among the most common. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of hernia mesh failure, it is important that you contact your doctor right away. If mesh degradation or migration is responsible for your symptoms, call 612-333-4662 to schedule a free consultation and learn how our defective medical device lawyers can help.
Reducing the Risk of Mesh Failure
Defective design can make hernia mesh failure unavoidable. However, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk of mesh failure such as:
- Eating a healthy diet complete with extra fiber and water intake
- Getting plenty of exercise including at least 90 minutes of aerobic exercise weekly
- Not smoking or using products that contain nicotine
You can also help prevent re-herniation by avoiding heavy lifting and reducing abdominal strain. It is important to remember that these steps may not prevent hernia mesh failure, but they can help reduce risks and improve your chances of a safe and successful recovery.
In the end, your actions are not responsible for the failure of your hernia mesh. If you have suffered injury or harm as a result of poorly designed mesh products, you have every right to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain, and emotional suffering. Please contact GoldenbergLaw to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help.
GoldenbergLaw is a product liability and personal injury law firm based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We accept hernia mesh failure cases from clients living in all areas of the country.