If a driver failed to take the steps necessary to share the road and caused an accident while you were on a bicycle or on foot, you should speak to our experienced pedestrian and bicycle accident attorneys.
We’ve seen too many catastrophic personal injuries in our 29 years as bicycle accident attorneys. We passionately believe that drivers should be held accountable for their negligence on the road.
You have a right to walk and bike safely alongside cars. Our Minneapolis and St Paul accident attorneys will evaluate your case and help you at this difficult time in your life.
Causes of Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
Minnesota drivers have a responsibility to share the road in a safe manner. That doesn’t just mean being considerate of other drivers- it also means doing what is necessary to ensure that the pedestrians and bicyclists alongside and on the road remain safe.
The most common causes of accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians are:
- Drivers refusing to share the road with bicyclists;
- Drivers aggressively attempting to force bicyclists to the side;
- Drivers failing to take into account a bicyclist’s presence and making an un-signaled turn or lane change;
- Distracted driving preventing the driver from noticing the bicyclist or pedestrian;
- Running a red light when pedestrians are legally in a crosswalk;
- Failing to stop at a pedestrian crosswalk; or
- Drivers pulling trailers or other cargo without taking the extra length into account.
Regardless of the exact cause, you are entitled to walk and bike with the expectation that you will be safe. When your safety is compromised, we can help. Our capable bicycle and pedestrian accident attorneys know the laws in Minnesota and can help you.
We’ll evaluate your claim and determine whether you have a case at your free, no-obligation initial consultation.
Compensation Our Minneapolis Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Can Pursue
When you are walking or on a bicycle, you don’t have any protection during an accident. A car is bigger, faster, heavier and harder. That’s why the injuries from these accidents are so severe for victims, and it’s why there are so many wrongful deaths.
No bicycle accident attorney can promise you a specific monetary award, and every case is unique. However, compensation can commonly be recovered for:
- Medical bills;
- Projected costs associated with chronic or permanent injuries;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Diminished earning capacity; and/or
- Funeral expenses (in wrongful death cases).
Whatever your specific situation, an accident caused by a driver’s negligence should not leave you with unbearable financial or physical burdens. Our Minneapolis pedestrian attorneys will fight to see that it doesn’t.
If you’re looking for an experienced Minnesota pedestrian or bicycle accident attorney, please contact GoldenbergLaw today to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation.