Minnesota personal injury lawyer Stuart Goldenberg founded GoldenbergLaw in 1986 to promote the safety of individuals by holding wrongdoers accountable.
Stuart received an undergraduate degree in political science from the University of Madison, Wisconsin and graduated from William Mitchell College of Law in 1984. Stuart is a State and Nationally Certified Trial Specialist.
Since that time, Stuart has practiced in both state and federal courts throughout the nation, concentrating in catastrophic injury involving dangerous drugs and devices, defective products, and motor vehicle claims.
Because of his accomplishments, Stuart has been elected to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and received the highest honors in the legal industry. He has been named to the Minnesota SuperLawyer list and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum each year since 1998. Stuart’s years of experience, coupled with his passion for his clients have permitted him to offer his clients creative, but pragmatic solutions. He has handled some of the largest personal injury, product liability, and defective drug cases in the country.
In 2001, Stuart worked pro bono, helping victims’ families recover compensation from the 9/11 attacks. In 2009, Stuart worked with a consortium of attorneys pro bono to obtain compensation for the victims of the I-35W bridge collapse.
Stuart has helped thousands of injury victims recover emotionally and financially. He has recovered more than 70 million dollars for his clients.
Stuart has litigated mass tort cases around the country for 31 years including: Dalkon Shield, Copper-7 IUD, DES, Fen Phen, Vioxx, Bextra, Celebrex, Mirapex, Avandia, Propecia, Yaz, DePuy ASR, Zimmer Durom Cup, Pinnacle Hips, Stryker Rejuvenate Hips, Reglan, Fosamax, Propecia, Steroid Contamination, Testosterone therapies, Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft, Granuflo, Benicar, IVC Filters, Bair Hugger Warming Blanket, Talcum Powder, and Abilify. During this time he has successfully litigated, settled, and resolved more than 5,000 cases for his clients.
Stuart is married to Rhonda Stein and has four daughters. He enjoys golfing, tennis, skiing, and spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice:
- Dangerous and Defective Drugs
- Defective Medical Devices
- Product Liability
- Auto, Motorcycle and Truck Collisions
- Construction Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Disputes
- Complex Litigation
- Alcoholic Beverages/ Dram Shop
- Toxic Exposure
- State and National Civil Trial Specialist, MSBA and NTBA
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy (2002-Present)
Leadership and Appointments:
- Served on Plaintiff’s Committee in In re 35W Bridge Collapse, Hennepin County Minnesota
- Specialty knowledge in federal preemption issues through involvement in Pliva v. Mensing, 131 S. Ct. 2567 (2011) and Lawrence v. Medtronic (2013)
- Co-lead counsel in the companioned action, Lawrence v. Medtronic, et al., 27-CV-13-1197, Hennepin County, Minneapolis, MN
- Appointed as Co-Chair of the American Association for Justice Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Litigation Group
- Board of Governors, Minnesota Association for Justice (2007-Present)
- Campaign Chairman, 2015, Cardozo Society
- Campaign Chairman, 2016, Federation for Jewish Service
- Plaintiffs Steering Committee: In re Benicar (Olmesartan) Products Liability Litigation; currently serving on discovery committee.
- Plaintiffs Steering Committee: In re Bard IVC Filters Products Liability Litigation; currently serving on discovery, sales and marketing committees.
- Minnesota Bar (1984)
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota (1984)
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota, J.D. (1984)
- Honors: President, Moot Court Society (1982-1983)
- Honors: Chairman, Moot Court Board (1982-1983)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A. (1981)
- Fraternity Member, Zeta Beta Tau
Honors and Awards:
- Minnesota SuperLawyer list – SuperLawyer (1998 – Present)
- Top Attorney list – Law & Politics (1998 – Present)
- Top Personal Injury Attorney list – Law & Politics (1998 – Present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – (1998 – Present)
- Leading American Attorney – American Research Corporation
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer list – American Trial Lawyer Association (2008 – Present)
- Award of Professional Excellence – Minnesota State Bar Association (2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Panel of Arbitrators – American Arbitration Association
- Volunteer – Minnesota State Mock Trial Competition
- Volunteer – William Mitchell Trial Competition and Trial Advocacy Courses
- Past Chair – Mitchell in Minneapolis Alumni Organization
- Member – Hennepin County Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Leadership Forum – American Association for Justice
- Board of Governors – Minnesota Association for Justice (2007 – Present)
- Member – Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- NBI CLE, 2005, “Advanced Expert Deposition Tactics in Minnesota”
- NBI CLE, June 2008, “The Art of Settlement”
- Minnesota Association for Justice Convention, August 2011, “Punitive Damages in Dram Shop Cases”
- Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 2012, “Medtronic Infuse- A Historical Perspective”
- American Association for Justice Convention, February 2013, “History, Background, and Preemption- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft”
- Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 2013: “Medtronic Infuse- The Preemption Battle”
- American Association for Justice Convention, July 2013: “Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft- The Application of Preemption and Medtronic’s Conduct”
- American Association for Justice Convention, July 2016: “Talcum Powder/Ovarian Cancer case criteria and selection”
Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer and Officer Chairman, Minneapolis Jewish Federation (1980 – 2000)
- Volunteer, Law Day at the Legal Aid Society (1981 – 2000)
- Member, Young Men’s Division of the Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Service (1986 – 2000)
- Board of Directors, Minneapolis Jewish Community Center (1995 – 1998)
- Volunteer and Officer Chairman, Minneapolis Jewish Federation (1997)
- Chairman, Young Men’s Division of the Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Service (1997)
- Board of Directors, Alexander Muss Institute for Israel Education (2004 – 2009)
- Volunteer Attorney for Bridge Victims, 35W Bridge Consortium (2007)
- Board of Directors, Temple Israel (2009 – Present)
- Volunteer Attorney for 9/11 Victims, Trial Lawyers Care, Inc. (2011)
If you have been injured in an accident, contact our Minnesota Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation. 877-544-1757.